"The Avocor AVW-6555 is a 65-inch Windows collaboration display (WCD) – and the first WCD specifically to be certified for Microsoft Teams. The WCD features FlatFrog InGlass technology, supports up to 20 points of touch, and includes integrated audio and video capabilities and built-in IoT Digital Twins sensors.
- InGlass technology support for up to 20 points of touch, including up to four simultaneous passive pens.
- The quantitative results match our qualitative assessment – the Avocor AVW-6555 has a highly responsive and accurate annotation experience and provides a very high quality 4K display.
- Touch responsiveness is excellent.
- The overall touch experience using the board to control laptop content is excellent. The WCD is highly responsive while controlling a laptop. Dragging and resizing apps is as smooth as we have seen. Often it is difficult to resize apps on some interactive monitors because the touch accuracy just is not there. This is not the case with the WCD – the accuracy with finger or pen touch for general Windows manipulation is excellent.
- Our lag jitter test is performed by drawing angled lines both fast and slow with a finger and the included pen. The primary means for testing lag jitter is to determine how accurately users can annotate. We look for straight versus jagged lines as a measure of annotation accuracy; the straighter the lines, the better. Another factor affecting accuracy is the pen. The included passive pen has a solid tip, which does not negatively affect accuracy versus pens that have a soft tip.
- Lag Latency is the distance between the “ink” and pen when drawing. The “ink” often needs to catch up to the pen. The longer the distance, the higher the likelihood of imprecise drawing. The shorter the distance, the better and more accurate is the drawing experience. While drawing fast using FlatFrog Board software, we measure the latency at 0.25”, which is impressive. Equally as impressive is the slow drawing latency, which is negligible.
- Parallax effect is the distance between the detected touch location (or ink location) and the user’s perception based on the pen location touching the display. This effect is magnified when writing on thicker glass, and it affects accuracy in fine detailed annotation. Thanks to the 2 mm. optically bonded glass, parallax is minimized, and a high degree of accuracy can be achieved on the WCD.
- The pen has the look and feel of a traditional pencil, complete with an “eraser” tip. While using both FlatFrog Board and Microsoft Whiteboard software, flipping the pen and touching the eraser to the canvas performs the erase function without any other user input (no need to tap an erase icon).
Whiteboarding and Brainstorming
- If using the WCD with ideation software like FlatFrog or Bluescape, the experience is superior – and WH recommends these products for those serious about content creation and ideation
Our final take on the Avocor WCD
- The company has executed on a challenge: delivering the first Microsoft Teams-certified WCD. The experience working on the display is a step forward for Avocor, improving upon the touch, accuracy, and display quality experience we found previously working with an earlier-generation Avocor F8650 interactive touch display."
Download the complete report at - https://www.avocor.com/wcd-teams-certified/