A digital whiteboard is a fantastic tool for increasing meeting productivity. It enables all in-room or remote participants to view the information being presented, while also allowing brainstorming and notetaking. Here are some pointers on how to make the most of your next meeting using a digital whiteboard:
1. Location matters: Make sure everyone in the meeting has access and the ability to see and interact with the board's content. This may be accomplished by putting the board in a prominent location where people in the room can view and engage with it. For those who are accessing remotely, make all in-room material visible through a video conferencing solution.
2. Configure the meeting room with a companion display: Use a non-interactive display for the video call. An added secondary interactive companion display allows anyone in the room to capture their thoughts on the digital whiteboard at any time. Content can be added before, during or after the meeting. For remote users to view in-room activities, add a camera that points at the companion whiteboard display. This lets remote users view and participate as though they are in the room.
3. Use a shared collaborative whiteboard that works for in-room and remote users: Remote users must have the same viewing and editing capabilities as anyone in the room. A new class of digital whiteboards such as the FlatFrog Board is designed to do just that. Anyone can easily connect and engage with live content from anywhere. Use the board to facilitate collaboration, with team members contributing ideas, notes and other information. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and no idea is left behind.
4. Make certain to have a whiteboard that works with your video conferencing solution: To create a seamless meeting experience, integrate interactive whiteboards into your current video conferencing solution. Utilize this integration to send live content from the board straight into the video call with remote participants.
5. Use the in-room whiteboard: Ironically, many expensive and capable whiteboard displays sit unused in the meeting room. There are several excellent features and tools included with digital whiteboards - make use of them! To start using the tool and demonstrate to others how beneficial the digital whiteboard can be, it usually takes a single advocate. Using these tools ensures that everyone is on the same page and can continue working on the project after the meeting wraps up.
6. After the meeting: Make sure to save your work after the meeting so that it is accessible later by other team members. This allows everyone to review the information and continue working on it as needed.
Digital whiteboards can be a great way to boost meeting productivity. By ensuring that all in-room or remote users can see and engage with content on the board, and by utilizing the board to facilitate collaboration, you guarantee that everyone is on the same page and no idea is left behind.
See more blogs, tips and tricks - https://www.flatfrog.com/blog.